Thursday, January 19, 2006

Hierophants Help Humanity

I was reading David's Psalm 62 where he says of God:

"He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

I also found that in the first public address regarding the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, that one of David's Psalms was quoted (Psalm 16), in which he says there:

"I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand so that I will not be shaken." (Acts 2:25).

The idea of being shaken, brings to mind my blue heeler with a little baby rabbit in his mouth. It also brings to mind many people I know, who are indeed people of faith - yet - they seem to be easily shaken.

Often we feel, in hindsight - that the Evil One has grabbed us, and we have been badly shaken.

I think it is most often guilt, for wrong living and wrong decisions, and culpable inaction, that sets us up to be shaken.

The way of confidently saying, "I will not be shaken", is to hear the Word of Christ, regularly, to see the Atoning Christ, deliberately, and to receive the grace of Christ, constantly.

In that way of things, it is a profound thing for a human being - amidst all the unsettling forces of life - to be able to say, without a shade of hypocrisy, that in communion with the Risen, Ascended Christ Jesus - I will not be shaken,

No comments: